POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-CSDL (or Java Binding?) : Re: POV-CSDL (or Java Binding?) Server Time
10 Aug 2024 11:26:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-CSDL (or Java Binding?)
From: Nigel Stewart
Date: 15 Mar 2000 19:37:00
Message: <38D02C53.7176F1A8@nigels.com>
> >       <disbelief> Huh? </disbelief>
> <frusteration>I was referring to the problem of pre-parsing the scene to
> keep from having long delays before input requests.</frusteration>

	<sympathethic> Fair Enough </sympathetic>

> > > and impossible to implement in a cross-platform manner
> >       <amusement> Refer to ANSI C Standard: scanf(...) </amusement>
>
> <incomprehension>Er, how would this help in putting up a dialog box and
> getting user input from it?</incomprehension>

	<rationalisation> In this sense MAC is not even ANSI standard,
        so you are always up for GUI programming, no matter what you do.
	</rationalisation>

> If you can add them in now, go ahead!

	I think the "interface block" concept is the most promising
	formulation that we have so far.  It's something like
	the main(..) function in C, you're only allowed to have one.

> This seems too rigid, though.

	Perhaps a bit rigid, but still very useful.  And it's not
	an unreasonable solution to the problem.  It certainly
	beats editing POV script by hand.

--
Nigel Stewart (nig### [at] nigelscom)
Research Student, Software Developer